Are you considering becoming a kidney donor?
Would you like to learn more about the kidney donation process?
Would you like to talk to someone who's been through the process?
- A total of 23,401 kidney transplants were performed in 2019, of those transplants only 6,867 of them were from living donors.
- 17 people die every day awaiting a kidney transplant.
- A living donor helps two people, the one they are giving the organ to and the next person on the waiting list.
- If 1 out of 10,000 people become a living kidney donor, the waiting list for kidneys would be eliminated.
- 97% of living donors say they would do it again if they could.