Even at her sickest, Juana Hernandez believed in helping her family and community. With her donor's kidney, she has much more energy to continue serving those around her.
Potential Living Kidney Donors
Are you considering becoming a kidney donor?
Would you like to learn more about the kidney donation process?
Would you like to talk to someone who's been through the process?
- A total of 27,329 kidney transplants were performed in 2023, of those transplants only 6,288 (23%) of them were from living donors.
- 17 people die every day awaiting a kidney transplant.
- You don't have to be related to someone or even know some one in need in order to donate.
- A living donor helps two people, the one they are giving the organ to and the next person on the waiting list who is now closer to the top of the list.
- 97% of living donors say they would do it again if they could.
- Find out more about living donation here or contact us for other questions or to be connected to someone who has donated a kidney.