Even at her sickest, Juana Hernandez believed in helping her family and community. With her donor's kidney, she has much more energy to continue serving those around her.
Interested in volunteering?
"To show my gratitude for this gift of transplant... to give hope to those still waiting... to find a community of support... to honor my loved one... to honor the hero who saved my life... to save lives!"
1. Sign Up
Please fill out and submit this New Ambassador form. Staff will respond as soon as possible.
2. Attend an Orientation
Check our Volunteer Calendar to see what trainings are coming up. A webinar or individual training can be arranged, if needed!
- Donate Life 101: New Ambassador Orientation. Learn about our mission and organization, volunteer roles, and community outreach tools.
- Donate Life 201: Ongoing educational and skill development workshops; in-depth education about donation and special topics.
- Donate Life 301: Advanced training; mandatory for all school-based volunteers. Visit our Donate Life Educators page to learn more.
3. Get Engaged!
There is no need to wait for a volunteer training to get engaged and start raising awareness and promoting organ, eye and tissue donation in your community. Here are some things you can do right now to start supporting Donate Life Northwest in its efforts to save lives and improve health across Oregon and Southwest Washington.
- Share your story!
- Attend a special event, such as the Starlight Gala in February, Threads of Life quilt unveiling, or the DLNW Block Party in Summer 2024.
- Follow us on Facebook
- Free materials are available upon request
- Annual raffle tickets are sold in the spring
- Donate Life America has official merchandise to show your support
- Make a financial gift in honor of, or in memorial of a loved one
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Donate Life Northwest
- Link your Amazon Smile shopping to Donate Life Northwest
- Check out our current Wish List where you can give donations of goods or services to defray the costs of events
- We are always looking for professionals or professionals-in-training whose skills will help us spread the word about donation. We have lots of opportunities to give back for skilled professionals in: graphic design, social media graphic design, photography, videography, and translation services (Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian)
Questions? Need more information? For ideas, support and guidance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-494-3525.