An average kidney transplant lasts between 10-15 years. The kidney Ken received from his mother has lasted over 45 years -- still going strong and looking forward to the future.
Thank you to all the Lifesavers whose gifts helped meet the 2020 $40K matching challenge from the Maybelle Clark Macdonald Fund and leadership volunteers! More than ever before, contributions are still needed to sustain programs that educate, encourage, and empower more gifts of life, sight, and health. (Find ways to give, here.)
Recipe from Chef Mike Hargett's Cooking Demo, click here
Facebook recording of livestream: click here.
Find full versions of Justice's, Teresa's & other Stories of Hope on YouTube channel
Timestamp links to watch specific sections of the Lifesavers Program:
- 1:00 Slides (sponsors, memorials, recipients);
- 5:00 Mike Hargett cooking demo;
- 30:00 Leslie Brock welcome to main program;
- 31:24 Sponsor thanks;
- 31:52 Pacific Northwest Transplant Bank staff video;
- 34:35 Kelly Laschkewitsch and Legacy Health;
- 37:26 Aimeé Adelmann introduces DLNW programs;
- 42:13 preview clip, in-hospital Donor Walk, from donation-process documentary;
- 46:39 Donor Family Group;
- 50:57 Erase the Wait mentee, Jenny (waiting for transplant) & Mike (heart & kidney recipient)
- 56:52 Ambassadors, Marilyn (kidney recipient), and Nicole (kidney donor);
- 1:07:24 Justice clip (liver recipient - see full Story of Hope in playlist);
- 1:08:39 Teresa clip (cornea recipient - see full Story of Hope in playlist);
- 1:09:43 Amy Joyce, DMV;
- 1:12:04 Mark (tissue recipient);
- 1:15:21 Volunteer of the Year, Balinda Olive Beltran;
- 1:22:02 Sally Showman & baby Luke;
- 1:24:43 Match Campaign to preserve vital Donate Life Northwest programs.
Thank You Sponsors!
Stevens Integrated Solutions